Saint Francis of Assisi School
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
St. Francis of Assisi School is dedicated to educating a diverse community of students. Founded in 1923, we integrate the traditions and principles of the Catholic faith in a comprehensive educational program. All instruction is aimed to empower our students with the ability to thrive in an ever-changing world and encourage students to develop into morally aware and intellectually advanced members of the global community.
We believe that:
- The Catholic faith permeates all aspects of the educational programs in our school including reaching out to the community as stewards of God’s mission.
- Effective education develops the whole student – spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically.
- All students have a right to safety, respect, and learning.
- Creativity, communication, collaboration, and critical-thinking skills are promoted through differentiated instruction in the 21st century classroom.
- A learning community is comprised of active involvement and shared responsibility among students, parents, teachers, administrators, and members of the community.
- Students need to develop self-discipline and social conscience.
- Lifelong learning and risk-taking are necessary for continuous improvement in order to be successful in a changing society.
- High expectations lead to academic excellence.
Messages from the Office of Catholic Education (OCE)
Saint Francis of Assisi Early Learning Center (ELC)
We are committed to helping all children and their families, to value them equally, to provide the best possible physical, emotional, and intellectual conditions to encourage their development into persons who can find life worth living and at the same time be responsible and honest members of society.